The ADC established the Standards and Interoperability Forum (SIF) to facilitate the interchange of information, and make recommendations for standards and interoperabilityarrangements in GEOSS. The SIF will enable ever greater degrees of interoperability among GEOSS components through facilitation, technical analysis, advocacy and education. To carry out its work most effectively, the SIF is forming regional teams consisting of experts with an understanding of the protocols, standard arrangements and other technological practices for their particular region, representing each (or most) of the societal benefit areas of GEOSS. Regional Teams will assure that we have true global representation in supporting GEOSS interoperability.
Published On 26 Sep 2009 | Category:
- GEOSS Registries. By Francoise Pearlman in Projects, Standards on 26 Sep 2009.
- ISWG. By francoise in Standards on 25 Oct 2010.
- EuroGEOSS. By Francoise Pearlman in European Projects, Projects on 26 Sep 2009.
- New Editor for Best Practice Wiki. By francoise in News on 27 Oct 2010.
- Standards for electric vehicles. By Francoise Pearlman in Projects, Standards on 26 Sep 2009.