Earth information scientists and world leaders are attending the World Climate Conference-3 (WCC-3) in Geneva, Switzerland, 31 August – 4 September 2009. The theme of the conference is “Climate prediction and information for decision-making”. [Learn More..] Its focus is on climate predictions and information for decision-making at the seasonal to multi-decadal timescales. The goal is to create a global framework that will link scientific advances in climate predictions and the needs of their users for decision-making to better cope with changing conditions. Key users of climate predictions include food producers, water managers, energy developers and managers, public health workers, national planners, tourism managers and others, as well as society at large. The Conference includes both technical sessions and a plenary for international leaders addressing climate-related issues. The Conference also aims to increase commitment to climate observations and monitoring to better provide climate information and services worldwide.
World Climate Conference-3
Published On 26 Sep 2009 | Category:
- IEEE Global Humanitarian Conference – virtual on line sessions. By francoise in News on 30 Oct 2011.
- Water For The World. By Francoise Pearlman in Projects, Water, Water for the World on 7 Oct 2009.
- EIS news letter reports on AfricaGIS conference. By francoise in News on 6 Nov 2009.
- IEEE GHTC Conference. By francoise in News on 10 Sep 2011.
- Workshop on socioeconomic benefits of geospatial information. By francoise in News on 9 Mar 2012.